We stopped in Castroville at the world's nicest Dairy Queen for lunch...
We drove and drove (did it ALWAYS take this long to get to Concan or does it just seem longer when you have to pull over twelve times to break up spitting fights in the back seat?)
And we finally arrived at this:
A nice little swimming hole on the frio. My first two thoughts were:
1. That's a long way to have to carry all this junk. (I was right....Cale walked down there just fine but Hayden cried the whole way like she was on "Survivor: Concan")
2. Why do all these people have to be everywhere? Why can't I just enjoy the beauty of Texas with my family at our own private oasis?
Cale went in the water, but preferred sitting right there in the shallows where you first walk in. I told him I wanted heart shaped rocks, so I ended up with two lawn chairs piled high with every variety of rock indigenous to the planet Earth. He was so cute...."Look, Mommy! This one looks like a chicken finger!" and "Look! This one is interesting!!" I helped him, but stopped when I picked up what I thought was a pink rock that turned out to be an old gummy bear. While he played geologist and Hayden was being encouraged in her daredevil-ness, I was busy trying to keep the baby out of the sun and happy. Luckily, she is the easiest baby that ever lived, so as long as she was in the shade and could see us, she mostly babbled and looked around. She started fussing after a while and we knew it was time to head back home. After the copious amounts of sunscreen applied to my kids, they still looked like they were getting a tiny bit of color, so that was the final decider!
1. No, she is not THAT much taller than him. He is standing down further in the water. She IS taller, but she doesn't look two years older than him.
2. What is she doing? Not waving, like you might think. Nope, she was smacking her own stomach in frustration at having to pose for pictures. What-EV.
3. Guy in cowboy hat was there for his wedding reception/celebration. Just a comment. I'm not judging. I'm just saying....nope. Not going to even go there.
Hunky husband posing with boy child.
Hey! I AM related to these people!