Recent Posts

Monday, September 12, 2011

Hello, age two.

The baby is growing up, people.  It's sad to say, but the days of her and I staring at each other while an imaginary soundtrack of "Close To You" plays in tandem with birds chirping are coming to a close.  Fantasyland couldn't last forever.  I love this kiddo more than my life, but she has stretched her tiny toes into "Two Year Old-Ville" and Mommy ain't too happy about it.  I know my delusions of her and I living a totally conflict free life were just that: delusions.  A little piece of me (maybe a medium sized piece of me) really hoped that this one baby was going to be my little kindred spirit that loved and adored me so much that she couldn't stand to defy me or make me unhappy.....and I have had to let that piece go.  Case in point:  
-she hollers "NO!" at me in completely random locations and for totally nonsensical reasons.  (i.e. "Baby, I love you."  Her:  "NO!") 
-she has mastered the art of tattling, but not the skill of doing it in any way that might actually get someone else in trouble.  She just wants to holler at people.  In the car the other day, she hollered, "Bubby push me!  He knock me down!" while he looked out his window.  This isn't the first time this has happened, but it might have been the most blatant in it's disregard for factual accuracy.
-she has a .35 second wait time on anything she requests.  "Mommy, I need moke."  Me:  "Okay....let me find your cup-(Insert scream).  Fast isn't fast enough for this one.  Clearly I am going to have to make like Dion Warwick and look into the future to see when she might be needing milk and plan accordingly.  
Good thing for her that she's so cute....sigh.  
Hello, age two. 

0 comments: