Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our mornings....

Sometimes we're still in our jammies at lunchtime.  Sometimes we're still in our jammies much later than that.  This doesn't make me feel too much like a schlumpadink, because I know these days are numbered....not just because it's still summer for us, but because there isn't much time left where our days are just ours.  Pretty soon, my babies will belong to the school system, and their extra curricular schedules, and we won't just be able to sit around in jammies all morning, or go play at the park when we want, or go walk around Central Market for an hour just to kill some time.
These days of having three tiny people are exhausting sometimes, I'm not going to lie.  There are days when no one can manage to be nice, everyone talks back and has to be told thirty times to put their shoes on, and no one naps.  But some days are much sweeter....the days where all three play together, with no peep of discontent.



 "Zoolie Bear" and "Pink Zoolie" were set up to watch the action...
 Sissy especially loves the hearts....

 I love her crazy bedhead...and how the tiny one has to "supervise" everything.
I bought these little plastic things at the Dollar Store when I was teaching kindergarten, and my students always loved them....it seems like my kids love them, too.  I'm not sure why they ask to play with these all the time, but it keeps them happy and quiet so it's okay with me.  Yesterday morning they spent hours sorting them, making little piles, patterns, long lines of counters...it was pretty cute.  Of course, the baby gets in the mix and messes up their piles every once in a while...and then I have to referee, but for the most part, the three of them play really well together.
School starts in a few weeks....so we're trying hard to fit in as much play as we can....

0 comments: