Recent Posts

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The baby we call "Livatino"....yet another nonsense name to add to the list!

At five and a half months, Livi is:
-going to bed at nine and sleeping until five thirty or six.  Praise God!!  There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!:)
-taking her paci out of her mouth, and putting it back in.
-rolling all over the place!  On her tummy, she can rotate herself in any direction she wants to look.  I learned this today when she banged her head on the coffee table leg.  Oops!!  Didn't know she was quite that mobile yet!
-still LOVING nursing, and I'm still hanging in there, so for the time being.... we continue!
-loves to have her hands held.  She has a kung-fu grip, which makes it hard to pull your hand away sometimes...plus, it calms her so much to have her hands held that you don't want to stop.
-tried solid food (rice cereal) once and hasn't tried it again yet!  This is attributed more to her mother's lack of trying rather than her disinterest in it.
-so wiggly that she has to be watched like a hawk.  She can get herself out of her carseat and bouncer if not strapped in, and can almost bow her back enough to pop herself out of her bumbo.  She even tries to roll off the opposite side of the boppy while nursing.....I can see an early walker in my future!
-loves to be held.
-drools more lately....can't feel any teeth in there yet, but I don't think it's too far off...
-blinks and laughs when I pretend to sneeze.
-has no interest at all in my singing.  Singing doesn't calm her or even get her attention when she's mad.  In fact, I think it might infuriate her further.
-cries prolific real tears when she's mad.  I don't remember bubby or sissy doing this, but she really puts on the waterworks.  She either has extremely well working tear ducts or she is gearing up to be the next Meryl Streep.
-is very attentive....watches her siblings, the dogs, and most of all: Mommy!
-is very vocal and babbles all the time.  Nothing sounds like words yet, but she sure loves to make noise. (Did I mention I am her mother?)  Bad news:  She LOVES to talk to Daddy when he leaves for work (seven a.m.) and wants to stay up with me talking, when the big babies are still asleep in bed!
-is SO easy to coax a smile out of....she loves to be talked to, and held high in the air!
-is already so steady when standing.  She holds on to my fingers and balances perfectly with hardly a wobble.  It makes me laugh every time because she looks so proud while she's doing it-like she invented standing!
She is more fun than I ever imagined her being....and she is a reminder that you CAN indeed love another baby as much as you love your first one.  (In my case, first ONES)

This picture is blurry, but I couldn't help but post it because she looks so cutie smiling in it! Even her little eyes are smiling!

0 comments: