Recent Posts

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cool fridge magnets


I have tons and TONS of little index prints laying around.  You know what I'm talking about....the little tiny prints sent to you when you order pictures.  I'm not really sure what they're for.  My mom and I have used them to slide into tiny sterling silver frames for necklaces and bracelets, but other than that...what are you supposed to do with them?  Throw them away, I guess, but that is hard to do when the tiny pictures are of your adorable tiny people.  There is something so cute about a little, itty bitty tiny picture of your kids.  So over the years my stack of these index prints has piled up.  Considerably.  I have been thinking and thinking about what I could use them for when finally an idea came to me!  Fridge magnets!!  I think these are super cute!!  I bought some "Glass Gems" from Hob Lob for 2.77 for a big bag of them.  Then I mod podged the picture to the back.  But then there was a weird space around the picture, so I mod podged a circle of cute scrapbooking paper to the back of that.  But then I didn't like the way the backs looked, so I mod podged cute fabric to the back of THAT.  Finally, when they were dry, I trimmed off the extra fabric and super glued on a circular magnet....(found those at Michael's)


 A set of six magnets fits perfectly in these adorable tin boxes (again, Michael's...meant for gift cards, I think....they were at the checkout).  And voila!  Stocking stuffers for people who like my kids!!

0 comments: