Recent Posts

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Finally......Some peace and quiet!!!

The babies are sleeping and fed, and we are at my mom's house where I can walk away and disappear for hours and know that someone else will come running whenever there is a peep! Yeah!! Freedom!
Today Hayden smiled for the very first time!!! They have both been "half smiling" at us all week, which sort of looks like pain or gas. Today though, she actually looked happy while doing it! I told everyone "I think she's smiling!!!" and when they came running, she actually repeated it so that I didn't look like a liar! :) It is nice to see her so happy today, since yesterday we were watching her like a hawk, waiting for her to projectile vomit! Twice, she spit up her whole bottle, and the "ask-a-nurse" people said if she did it a third time, to take her to the emergency room. Lucky for us, she was fine. I called her "Linda Blair" all day which Shawn didn't think was funny.
Cale is starting to watch us more and pay attention to everything around him. Hayden was alert from the minute she was born, but he wasn't so interested. Today he was grumpy and Shawn walked around outside with him; he was so captivated by the trees and the sounds outside...it was so cute! It is exciting to watch them turn into little people with separate likes and dislikes... they are really so different in their temperments.
I took the babies out to lunch this week to meet two of my sweet friends from school...it was the first time I took them out by myself. I was tired by the time I got to the restaurant!! Luckily, they were pretty quiet the whole time, and my friends jumped right in helping to feed and hold them. It is so nice to have friends that don't wait to be asked to help, they just grab a baby and get to work! :) My friend from Houston, AnnMarie, was here this week with her family, so we stopped by her mom's house after lunch to visit....it was so fun with a house and pool full of kids...we had a seven year old, a six year old, a five year old, two four year olds, a two and a half year old, a one year old, a ten month old, a four month old, and my two one month old babies....it was busy, but so much fun! It is funny to think that not that many years ago, there were a lot fewer people hanging around that pool in the summers!!! It made me think about what the babies will be like at those different ages...we have so much to look forward to.
We enjoyed our first father's day...I can't imagine a better daddy for my children! We talk all the time about how lucky we are, and how these babies are the best thing to ever happen to us...we can't wait for what's to come in the next few weeks! The babies don't know yet how lucky they are to have such an amazing daddy!!
Next week we are going to make our first out of town trip to watch our cousin Nick play baseball! His team, the Memphis Redbirds, are playing in Round Rock and we are hoping we can manage to watch the game with two tiny babies...luckily the games are at night, so I don't have to worry about sun or heat on the babies. We normally sit with the families of the team when we watch him play, but this time we are sitting behind home plate... I didn't want to spend the whole game worrying about something flying off the field at us...I am pretty sure I couldn't even protect myself in the event that something came flying at me, much less another human being. :) We are looking forward to visiting some of our favorite spots in one of our favorite cities....we are planning to swim in Zilker Park at Barton Springs (although Shawn will probably be the only one doing the swimming....I am not exactly swim suit ready yet!) and to eat at PLUCKER'S...the best hot wings on the planet! We are hoping to visit the Co-Op on campus, and load up on some Horns stuff for the babies.....making them UT fans before they have a chance to choose for themselves!! Hopefully we have a successful trip....going places before the babies are mobile and harder to transport! We keep being advised by other parents of multiples to go places NOW before it gets difficult. We are definitely listening to their advice....

0 comments: