Recent Posts

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day One: Magic Kingdom!

Disney is amazing.....really, I was almost more excited for Shawn to see it than my kids.  It just blows my mind how you NEVER see trash, or gum, or smell barf.  It is literally the cleanest place on earth.  The bathrooms are so clean you could eat your lunch in there!  I am not sure why I felt the need to start this post with overwhelming comments on cleanliness, but there you have it.
The babies LOVED the Magic Kingdom.  We rode almost everything, and the big ones were pretty good riders.  A few times Hayden would quietly ride something (Pirates of the Carribean) and then burst into tears the minute we got off the ride.  I guess she was holding it in the whole time....meanwhile, we think she's enjoying the whole thing!!  She said she didn't like things that were "dark" and had "mist"...She didn't like the Thunder Mountain railroad, either....but Cale did!  He was screaming in the beginning, but we quickly realized it was because Shawn had his arm around him and he wanted Daddy to "stop holding me!".  At the end of the ride, he laughed and laughed and said he liked that one because it made his ding ding hurt.  Okay, whatever it takes to get him to have a good trip, right?
We made dinner reservations, but cancelled them when we realized the place we were supposed to eat at was a buffet.  Now,  I had geared myself up to pay the 31.99 for the adult buffet, but they were going to charge us 17.99 PER KID to eat.  My kids eat four bites and then say they are done, so there is no way in HELL I was going to pay that for them to eat nothing.  Livi eats more than they do, and she was going to be free!  We learned our lesson, and figured out how to solve this little conundrum later in the week....
We stayed all day....and watched the fireworks show from Main Street, (with two billion other people...I don't know where they all came from, because throughout the day it was thouroghly uncrowded....)  My kiddos had a great view of the castle, until some childless old people in Disney garb came and stood right in front of us....I later found out that this would be a recurring theme throughout the week.  I was so excited for my kids to see everything, and enjoy the trip....but apparently there is a HUGE group of people on this planet that are grown adults who are PSYCHO about Disney.  I mean, like run to get in front of kids psycho.  Like stand in front of a tiny three year old girl at the parade psycho.  It was nuts!!
 Popee and Bub waiting for our shuttle...

 Our family...right when we got there! (notice my hair is still down....I think it went into a clip six minutes after this picture was taken)


 Sissy's first view of the castle...
 Mid day parade....I love this picture because Sissy is breaking it down to the music. 
 Bub and Sis in Minnie's house.  We laughed because there is no bedroom in Minnie's house....but there is a bed at Mickey's.  Hmm....I wonder where she spends the night! 

 Thanks to Popee, we discovered the "chocolate Mickey" and had to hear about him all week long.  
Cale's first view of the castle from the monorail.  He would never, EVER sit on the monorail.  He had to stand and hold a pole like a big boy.  Even if there were a hundred people in our section, he had to stand up.  

0 comments: