Recent Posts

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Story: Part 2 (the end you were waiting for)

Christmas Eve found us driving three very tired babies back home to San Antonio, quickly reading them "The Night Before Christmas" (which the baby could only handle until about page three)  and getting them quickly into bed so that we could finish assembling all the stuff that needed putting together.  It didn't take us too long to get set up....we put the baby gate up in the kitchen (the one with the kid proof latch) so that no sneakers could get up in the middle of the night and head out to the living room without us.  At about 2 a.m. we heard screaming from the kitchen...Bubby was scared and wanted to come to our room...Daddy made him close his eyes while he carried him to our bed so that the surprise wouldn't be spoiled.  Fastforward a few hours and imagine us being awakened to the distinct aroma of poop.  My first words to Shawn were, "Did one of the dogs s*&% on the carpet?" (not remembering that my sweet baby was in bed with us) and I heard in response, "No, Mommy!  It was me!  I pooped my pants!"  Yippee!  My first gift of the day involved a load of laundry and scrubbing a three year old in the tub.  I refrain from further details, but let's just say it will be forever known as "The Christmas Mudslide".  My poor baby has been so sick with this stomach virus that he's had a little lapse in potty control...he is FINALLY feeling better so we are hoping for no more repeats of this special event.  
Long story short:  ran a load of laundry, bathed little boy, made him lay back down for a little longer (while we begged him to wait until it was light outside), and listened to his cute commentary in the dark. "Mommy!  I think I just saw Rudolph!"  and "Mommy!  MOMMY!  I just saw Santa walking past our window!!"  Finally we decided to put him out of his misery and we got up.  He was the first one to see the presents, and laughed out loud when he saw their "BIG ONE"...the John Deere ride on tractor!  He immediately had to sit on it and try to drive it inside the house.  Sissy and little one were up by this time and they both had the same reaction to the tractor.  That thing was a HUGE hit.  They spent all morning fighting over who got to sit in the driver's seat.  (Even the baby, who said "CAR" every time she looked at it)  We tried not to go too crazy with their gifts, but by the time the whole thing was said and done I feared they were over indulged yet again.  Even if everyone that loves them just buys them ONE thing, it seems like SO MUCH STUFF.  Oh well, I guess they could have worse problems.  
My family came over for the day and the babies spent all day forcing one adult or another to go outside with them and watch them ride the tractor.  That thing isn't the easiest to steer, and it goes faster than you'd think....at one point Bubby drove it straight through the mountain laurel and they got beat upside the head with branches.  I kept looking out the window to see Daddy running behind them as they rammed into one of my patio plants or drove into a tree.  Fun times! 

 Crazy Christmas morning hair....
 She has her paci in her mouth, but if she didn't, she'd be saying "CAR"
 Loving his Hot Wheels track
 Watch out flora and fauna....these two haven't figured out the art of steering yet! 
 Grandma and Livi...with the baby doll Grandma gave her.  (She loves it) 
 Picking up her baby doll from Popo.  (I think he was babysitting)


 Do you think this baby loves her CAR? 
Mimi, Sissy, and some of her loot. 

Christmas just keeps getting better and better because of these babies in our lives.  I know I loved the holidays before, but I can't imagine ever having loved them as much as I do now...seeing everything through their eyes!  

0 comments: