Recent Posts

Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas Garland


Drumroll........and here is the first of my Christmas crafts!  This project was E-A-S-Y and it turned out so cute!  Want to make one?  The tutorial I read said to use twine to tie the fabric to, but I used a string of Christmas lights instead.  Found those (the shortest strand I could find-12ft.) at Target for all of 1.49.  If you have fabric in Christmas colors laying around, you don't need to buy any...but I had a specific color combo I was looking for.  (Red, cream, lime/olive green)  I bought a yard of each of the fabrics...the most expensive one might have been 4.99....and all three were 30% off!   I knew I was going to be cutting them all up, so I wasn't concerned with buying high quality designer fabrics...I just picked out three really pretty ones from Mecca. (Hobby Lobby)
You cut strips that are 2 inches wide and 6 inches long.  Get your strips ready, and start knotting them to your light strand/twine!!  Every three or four strips you can mash them down to make the garland more dense, fitting on as many strips as you can.  I ended up using only 3/4 of the fabric yards, so I am going to make another (non-lit) garland for my dining room chandelier.  How precious is this??  I'm thinking of all the other possibilities....pink, red and white fabric for Valentines, Red, white and blue for the fourth of July....I am LOVING garlands right now!!  I'm trying to decide whether or not to make this one as well. (It's from http://creatingcupcakes.blogspot.com)


What do you think?

0 comments: