Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh, I love my children.  I really do.  But for the last three nights, there has been a scream-a-thon going on in their room in the middle of the night.  I have no idea what is going on?  What happened to the babies that took two two hour naps a day, and slept eleven hours at night with no interruption???  My mom stayed over the last two nights to help...since I was trying to keep contractions to a minimum.  Normally, we would have let Hayden (the worst offender) cry it out, but she was in the room right next to my mom, so mom could hear her all night.  ALL night.  Finally, we brought her to bed with us two nights ago, and last night she got in bed with my mom.  Tonight is going to be an eye opener for her, because she is staying in that crib no matter what.  What in the world are we to do? My mom got her last night because she said she sounded scared.  I am wondering if that is just Mimi being sensitive, or is my poor baby really having night terrors or something and I am turning down the monitor and ignoring her?  
Plus, Cale has decided he is TERRIFIED of everything.  I'm not sure if this is normal either.  If we park anywhere near a street or (God Forbid) the highway, he literally climbs up your leg to be held, because the sound of the cars rushing by are so scary.  He doesn't like dump trucks, the garbage truck, 18 wheelers, airplanes.....I need to go research this...I am hoping the screaming at night and terror are just because they are becoming more aware of the world around them.  In any case, I am not sure how to deal with either situation.  Do we act normal around the loud noises and make him walk beside us (not letting him climb up our legs) or do we love all over him and potentially make him more likely to freak out?  Do we make Sissy cry herself to sleep, or get all European and let her sleep with us every night??  What to do!
An update on my "condition".....we saw the nurse practitioner on Monday....long story short:  it is really too early to do anything in the way of stopping whatever is going on.  I can't take meds yet, and they can't really do Non-stress tests because the baby is too little.  My only option is to stay hydrated, take it easy (yeah right!  So easy with a non sleeper and an Everything-phobe) and hope they stop entirely.  Today was really, really good.  Far fewer contractions....the only really significant set of them happened when I was beating and berating my dog for tearing up more blinds.  If I could only give away my dogs, and hire a nanny and a maid, I think I'd be okay.

0 comments: