Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Let's try this again.....

We're all a year older.....what can I say?  I can't believe it's been a year since I've written anything, but I hope to change that.  I am sad to look back and see all these memories I used to document on this blog, and how now it's nothing but cyber crickets.  
I wish I had a good reason for not blogging, but I don't.  I guess Instagram is so quick and easy, and I've sort of let that take the helm on family memory keeping.  Sad, I know.  Pictures are amazing, but I love to look back and read what I was thinking in the very first few years of this family building journey.  
Since my (not so) littles are 5 and 7 now, I guess we're on the move more.....let's be honest, there's a part of me that misses the days we were more homebound and they took two naps a day.  Now our days are filled with playdates, camps, swimming, and a bunch of other activities that generally run us all ragged.  
I'm slowly starting to wrap my head around having "children" rather than babies, and realizing these three are probably going to be it.  Don't get me wrong, they're pretty amazing.  It just takes some mental adjusting to realize you are indeed, shutting down the baby making factory.  
I'm all about adjusting to having "children" because frankly, fixating on missing the baby phase pulls my focus away from enjoying my kids as they are now.....smart, and SO funny.  Ya'll, they are pretty cool people, and that's all on them.  I fed them and diapered their little baby butts, but now they are becoming their own little hilarious, unique selves.  More than once a day, one of them makes me belly laugh, out loud.  For real.  
It's an honor to get to watch these tiny humans become people from the ground up.  I can just now see glimpses of the kind of adults they're going to be, and I can tell you, I'm totally going to want to hang out with them.  They're going to rock.  
So in the interest of documenting the building of these amazing people, and the daily goings on of this crazy life, I'm going to make myself blog.  Even if the only reader is my dad.  (Hi Daddy!)
Here we go (hopefully) again.....

1 comments:

Dad said...

I have been waiting all year for the blog to reappear. I love the way you write. I love what you write about.