Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Moving on and Settling in....

We're finally really settled in to this new house....it's been an adventure, and not one I care to repeat for quite a while.  Luckily, we can see ourselves in this house for the duration, because moving with three tiny people and a husband that works sixty hours a week was a pain in my arse.  The house is in great shape, but there are a million and one tiny projects lined up that will help make it feel like OURS.  The kiddos love the pool, and their new rooms....they ask about the old house sometimes, and Hayden wanted to know when we were going to go back inside it.  I told her "probably never" and that made me sad.  I drove by twice to see what it looked like since it changed hands, and I probably won't do that again for awhile....it made me really sad.  Moving on was necessary, but it's hard to separate myself from the house that held so many good memories for us!  
So for now, we start in on making new memories here.  It's days like these that we do just that....play with chalk in the sunlight, waiting for Daddy to get home from work.  











Every day it starts to feel more and more like our new home.....and I'm excited for all the fun memories we're going to make here!

0 comments: