Recent Posts

Friday, December 2, 2011

Halloween, 2011

Boy, you're probably REALLY excited to read this blog post.  I know everyone loves to hear about Halloween, right smack dab in the middle of the Christmas season.  Oh well.  This blog is my scrapbook, people....and I have the pics that need to be put somewhere, so here it is.
The twins had a little Halloween party at their school, and I took Liv up there with me.  I realized while there, that I really needed to be an octopus with eight arms, because that baby was ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE.  Luckily, Uncle Daniel was there for Davis, so he held her for a little bit, and kept her in one spot.















We did it up big time this year....the kiddos invited a few friends over for a "Halloween Playdate"...everyone wore their costumes (because who doesn't want to wear their costume more than twice?) and had cupcakes.  We invited our friends the Pattisons over to watch baseball, eat pizza and carve pumpkins...which the kiddos loved.  Somehow I ended up being the only adult in the kitchen carving pumpkins!!  Livi decided she LOVED the Pattisons' son Preston, and let him hold her and give her her bottle, which is hilarious because she hasn't been held to get a bottle in over a year.  In fact (don't judge) she shouldn't be even GETTING a bottle anymore!!  We also celebrated October in true Halloween fashion by adopting Chewy Louise, who is conveniently black.  We trick or treated around the neighborhood, and the babies LOVED their costumes this year.  Livi was a LaLaLoopsie doll, and loved her blue wig.  I'm sure no one else knew what she was, but my girls love lalaloopsie dolls so they got a kick out of it!  Cale saw a knight costume at CostCo and had to have it....it seems really itchy, but he was a trooper and wore it four times!  Sissy was ADAMENT that she wanted to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and it couldn't be the Ariel with the mermaid tail, it had to be "Ariel in the princess dress at the end".  I obliged, and found her a dress at the Disney store, but was secretly a little disappointed.  I loved that she was something more creative last year, and I don't want her to think she has to be a princess, just because that is a "girl" costume.  Hopefully in the future she'll pick some more hilarious costumes....but I always want her to be what she wants to be, so I never try to push them into something I want.  (Unless we get to the age where they want to be something really creepy, and then I'll intervene)
One last note....for Livi's costume, I drew on her face with Crayola washable markers, because I didn't have any face paint, and that stuff is disgusting and greasy anyway.  Now, Livi thinks drawing all over yourself with markers is okay.  The other day she covered herself in marker before I got to her, and when I took her shirt off for bath, I noticed she had colored her belly button blue.

0 comments: