Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Monster Truck Jam

This event created a really, REALLY close call for me....in that I almost had to take the babies to this event!  I am all about creating memories for my kids, but the idea of sitting in a seat for two hours while loud trucks drive around in a circle sounds like hell on earth to me.
Shawn had bought tickets and arranged everything for this splendiferous event.....and then decided to get horribly ill the day of.  I prepared myself to go, but at the last minute he rallied and said he felt good enough to take them.  Thank.  You.  Jesus.
Anywho, he said they loved every minute of it.  Even Sissy, who we were positive wasn't going to like it.  The paid rapt attention, and kept their "ear pluckers" (Sissy's term) on the whole time.

Please excuse the horrible picture quality.  Daddy wouldn't take the camera with him, so these are from his phone.  I started texting and harassing him when they got there to take pictures of my babies...partially because I wanted documentation of their outing, but mostly because I wanted proof that they were still with him and that he hadn't let them wander off into a crowd of strangers.  He had made some (bad) jokes a week earlier saying he hoped there was a nice lady sitting next to them who would offer to take Hayden to the bathroom if she needed to go.  He says these sort of things to get my goat, but just in case he thought that was an okay idea, I made sure to remind him that only HE was to take her to the restroom, and they were to take Cale with them, too.  (Instead of leaving him in the seats, holding the spit cup for some random man seated next to them)
The high points were "the munster truck that looked like a puppy", when they played the "who-let-the-dogs-out-song" and getting to eat BOTH popcorn and peanut M&M's.
The low point (and this is according to Daddy) was the 1.5 mile trek back to the car at the end of the night.  In the rain.  Holding both babies, one who was thrashing around because he wanted to walk on his own like a big boy and not be carried.
Yep, I think I dodged a bullet on this one.

0 comments: