Recent Posts

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another weird rash under our belts...

Last weekend Cale was PITIFUL. I mean, the sorriest lookin' baby you have ever seen. He did not feel good at all, and wanted his mommy to hold him the WHOLE weekend. (I am not kidding) The sickness actually started Thursday when we heard crying coming from his room hours after he'd already been asleep. I wanted to take him to the doctor the next day, but we decided to see if it would go away on it's own....well, it eventually did, after a saturday a.m. visit to the doctor on call, who told us it was probably a virus and there was nothing we could do to fix it, besides making him comfortable. UUUUGGGGH! Luckily, he felt better after another day or so....and then a weird dotty rash appeared on his tummy and chest (which is what the doctor predicted) Now, he is right as rain, but the rash thing weirds me out. This is another rash in the growing list of them we have had appear in our family....I had them when I was little, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised my kids get them. I am just grateful he is feeling better...I hated to see him in so much pain. (But I LOVED that he wanted to snuggle so much!) He is happy now, and is rocking thirteen teeth....beating his sister who is apparently only going to grow four. He has been saying "duck" the last few days, and does a pretty decent attempt at "Dixie" (the dog) Both babies are trying to talk so much lately....I know they know what they are saying, but I'm not sure what is going on....I usually respond faster to pointing and grunting. (Great reinforcement, huh??) My mom insists that Cale can say "Akmadinashad" (I am sure that is misspelled...spellcheck just suggested "extinguished") and is concerned with Iran and nuclear weapons. It is true that ninety percent of the time he sounds like he is speaking Russian or something...
I need to build myself up to leave them.....tomorrow we are heading to Houston for Casey's baby shower and the bambinos are staying with their Daddy. I considered taking a baby or two with me, but then their naps dictate our time with Casey and Brenda and that is probably annoying for everyone (no matter how much they love them) Plus, time away is good. I know their daddy can handle it!

0 comments: