Recent Posts

Thursday, June 12, 2008

AHHHHHHHH!

This is all I can think of. Seriously. While I am supposed to be in bed sleeping, while I am washing my hair, while I am making dinner.....I am obsessed with all that needs to be done to this house. Note the brown patches in front lawn. (renters do not water your yard, no matter how many times they are asked) Note the missing landscaping in the front bed. (Renters do not water plants either.) My mind is filled with all that needs to be done, where the money is going to come from to do it, where to start, where to buy stuff, what we can do ourselves....the list goes on and on! What you CAN'T see in this picture are the three bathrooms designed by Fred Flintstone, and the TV room that is willfully separating itself from the main structure. Luckily, we had a structural engineer who came today and gave not so horrible news. He said he wasn't sure what was going on with our back room...but he didn't say we should tear it off the house. We are going to fix it up, and that process begins tomorrow when we meet our first contractor. I have talked to the guy on the phone, and I can already tell I am going to talk WAY too fast for this guy. He will probably decline the job before I can finish telling him what we want done. As far as our Schertz house goes, our buyer's option expires tomorrow at midnight, so if we hear nothing from him tomorrow, we are full steam ahead on moving back to AH. I dread it in a way, I am excited in a lot of ways....oh the confusion!
To make matters worse, there are a million and a half crafting projects I want to do, and have half started. I think I am so chomping at the bit to get started on the old house, and we can't do anything quite yet, so I am trying to "do" something somewhere.....I started a tote bag for myself tonight, and have given up for the moment because I have broken three needles and am starting to get annoyed. All I need is forty unfinished projects to pack up...I need to just lay off. I about chewed my own arm off today....the babies and I were prisoners in our own home waiting for the garage door repairman......by three o'clock I was calling Shawn asking about what time he thought he would be coming home. Even the babies were annoyed...they are used to going out and about every day, so the same four walls got old for them, too. At about three, when I thought I had just about had it, I got out their Little People Noah's Ark. They had SO much fun playing with this thing! They love to hold the little plastic animals, put them in the ark, take them out, put them in again....chew on them...crawl around with them. It was so cute! Hayden had an animal in each hand and was trying to pick up a third with her feet. When that didn't work, she tried to bite one. Apparently two animals at a time is not enough for that girl....Cale just entertained himself by handing me animals and laughing. Surprisingly, that was the best part of my day....just sitting on the floor and playing with them.

0 comments: