Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I guess it is going to start to get harder to find time to update this blog. My tiny people are wanting to socialize a lot more now, and aren't nearly as happy alone as they used to be! I can't believe how different they are than they were a few weeks ago...Cale has two tiny teeth, which means slobber all over the place, and some crying in the middle of the night. Last night he woke up every hour and a half, which was SO trying for us, because they have NEVER done that, not even when they were newborns!! Cale had rolled over in the middle of month four, and never did it again...Hayden; on the other hand, didn't start rolling over until weeks later, but once she started, she hasn't stopped! She tries to roll over right when you lay her down to change her diaper. I am starting to understand moms who say they have to plant a knee in their kids' chest to get the diaper on. One bad thing about her rolling over....she is not used to sleeping on her tummy, so it wakes her up when she rolls over at night....we have gone in a few times to find her screaming her head off, waving her arms around at her sides...rubbing her face on the sheet. All last week, she had a red scab on her nose that I had to keep explaining to strangers. It was so sad!!! I was really starting to get impressed by how mobile the babies are getting...scooting themselves all over the floor and turning around in their cribs. Until I met these people Saturday night, whose baby is only three weeks older and can CRAWL and sit up all by himself. The sitting up isn't that amazing, since my babies are doing it for a few minutes at a time, but CRAWLING??? Are you kidding me? I felt a little like I had lost some race or something. Mine are just barely getting to where you can hold them on your hip...I stressed out a little about it, then remembered that the pediatrician said you can't compare babies....I know it isn't a big deal, but it didn't stop me from thinking (for just a second) that I needed to go home and set up some kind of baby bootcamp.
The babies had the best time at the beach during our vacation....even though it rained a bunch. The resort we stayed at would be so great for bigger kids, because the pool is SO amazing....they will definitely enjoy that more later. Last week, we took the babies to the pumpkin patch for pictures and to buy pumpkins...they were so cute! We had a great time propping them up agains pumpkins and bales of hay, until Hayden started frantically scratching her nose and face...which her mommy started doing not that long after! I hate it, but she is probably going to have allergies like me. It is things like that I don't think about until I already have my kid sitting in a pile of hay...then it dawns on me that it might not have been the best idea! We got some good pictures, though, and Shawn had a good time. He loves, loves, loves the fall for lots of reasons....cooler weather, Halloween (his favorite holiday, if that is what you can call it) and FOOTBALL!!! It is not my favorite season, but I enjoy his enthusiasm...plus, we are getting excited talking about their first Halloween costumes....we are much more interested in "funny" than "cute", so it will be interesting to see what we come up with.

0 comments: